Claritin Loratadine Reditabs
- Non-drowsy allergy relief of symptoms caused by allergens like those from pollen, mold, dust and pets
- Temporarily relieves runny nose, sneezing, itchy, watery eyes, and itchy nose or throat
- Claritin® provides relief of symptoms that can be triggered by over 200 different allergens.
|Adults and Children ≥ 6 years||1 tablet (10mg)|
- Patients with severe liver impairment should be administered a lower initial dose because they may have reduced clearance of loratadine; an initial dose of 5 mg or 5 mL once daily, or 10 mg or 10 mL every other day is recommended.
- Safe use of Claritin during pregnancy has not been established; therefore, use only if potential benefit justifies potential risk to fetus.
- Since loratadine is excreted in breast milk and because of the increased risk of antihistamines for infants, particularly newborns and premature infants, a decision should be made whether to discontinue nursing or discontinue the drug.
- Efficacy of Claritin has not yet been established in children <2 years. However, the pharmacokinetic profile of loratadine in infants 1-2 years after the administration of Claritin syrup 2.5 mg as a single dose is similar to that in older children and adults.