Tempra (1-5 Years Old)
- Useful for reducing fever and for the temporary relief of minor aches, pains, and discomfort associated with the common colds or flu, inoculations or vaccinations.
- Valuable in reducing pain following tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy.
- An analgesic-antipyretic drug. It is not a salicylate.
- Contains no phenacetin or caffeine. It has no effect on prothrombin time.
- Paracetamol (TEMPRA) is particularly valuable for use in patients who do not tolerate aspirin well because it is less likely to cause gastrointestinal distress.
- Each teaspoonful (5 mL) contains 120 mg of Paracetamol.
Directions for Use
- Dosing is based on single doses in the range of 10-15 mg/kg/dose repeated 3 to 4 times a day.
- Those indicated as follows may be given every 4 hours as needed but more than 5 times daily.
Consult a Doctor: If fever persists for more than 3 days (72 hours) or if pain continues for more than 5 days in children and 10 days in adults, consult the doctor.