Povidone-Iodine (Betadine) 1% oral gargle is a broad spectrum germicidal gargle that rapidly kills harmful bacteria, viruses and fungi. Its golden brown color indicates a potent iodine germ-killing power.
- mint-flavored, well tolerated and does not stain the teeth
- As an oral germicide for fast and soothing relief of sore throat and mouth sore.
- As a breath freshener where excessive bacteria in the mouth is present.
- As a mouth wash for oral hygiene of post-operative or bedridden patience.
- As an oral antiseptic before and after dental operations or tooth extractions.
- As an ideal degerming soak for dentures and toothbrushes.
Directions for use:
For Sore Throat and Mouth Infections:
Gargle undiluted 15mL (3 teaspoons) followed by mouth rinsing for a minimum of 30 seconds. Repeat up to 4 times daily for about 14 days or as advised by your doctor.
As Mouth Wash:
Gargle undiluted 15mL (3 teaspoons) or diluted with equal amount of water followed by mouth rinsing for a minimum of 30 seconds. Repeat as necessary.
Contraindications and Precautions
- Sensitivity to iodine hyperthyroidism.
- If symptoms persist, consult your doctor.
- Do not give to children under 6 years old.
- DO NOT SWALLOW.
- Keep out of reach of children.